POSITION: PowerhouseChief Engineer
Non-Unit Professional Position
DATE: August 9, 2013
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
To have charge of, operate, and maintain the Atlantic Union College Powerhouse in accordance with the MGL (Massachusetts General Law) chapter 146, section 46 through section 49
SUPERVISION Reports to the Director of Plant Services.
SUPERVISION Exercises supervision over Powerhouse- support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee efficient heat, hot water, and electricity production.
- Maintain a program to insure adequate licensing requirements for Powerhouse personnel.
- Supervise powerhouse employees in performance of work and duties.
- Oversee operation of Steam Plant in accordance with MA’s State Law.
- Develop and/or maintain preventive maintenance procedures.
- Provide counsel on new construction and renovation projects, relating to heat, hot water, and electricity requirements.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: The above duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties, and each employee in the job title necessarily performs not all duties listed.
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individual with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- MA second class Engineer License.
- Working knowledge and experience, of methods, tools, and practices relating to the operation and maintenance of a Power Plant.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to supervise projects and workers.
· To interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external to the institution.
COMPENSATION: Non-Unit Regular staff position
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Includes participation in attractive employee benefits program.
Application: Submit cover letter, with email address, including a statementaddressing the specific minimum and preferred qualifications, resume, copies of transcripts and three professional letters of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or to the Office of Human Resources Atlantic Union College338 Main St., PO Box -1000 South Lancaster, MA 01561-100
Review of complete application will commence upon received. Position to remain open until filled.
It is the policy of Atlantic Union College that each individual, regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age as defined by law, or handicap, shall have opportunity in education, employment, or services of Atlantic Union College. As a Seventh-day Adventist-sponsored institution, Atlantic Union College reserves the right to consider religious affiliation when hiring employees