The Pharmacy Technician Certificate is a 510 hours - 350 hours of instruction of hands-on experience in the theory /lab and a minimum of 160 hours of externship at a clinical/pharmacy facility in the pharmacy technician skills required to work in a variety of health care settings. With the pharmacy technician training program, you will develop the skills required to assume an entry-level position as a pharmacy technician.
The program emphasizes a medical background as well as a working knowledge of all the elements of verifying prescription information, retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, measuring, and mixing medications, selecting containers and preparing labels, preparing insurance claim forms and establishing and maintaining patient records.
- ALH 101 Medical Terminology
- BIOL 125 Anatomy and Physiology for Allied Health
- PHT201 Orientation and Federal Law
- PHT202 Medication Review & Aseptic Techniques
- PHT203 Calculations
- PHT204 Pharmacy Operations
- PHT205 Lab/Practical
- PHT206 CPhTC Exam Prep and Exam
- PHT207 Externship
- RELB 130 Christian Living in the 21st Century
Program Cost: $4,000
*Includes books, test fees for national exams.