Title: Associate Professor, Chair, Department of Health Sciences and Biology, Atlantic Union College
Phone: (978) 368-2161
Postdoctoral Associate, Dalhousie University (Canada)
Ph.D Microbiology, Laval University (Canada)
MBA, University of Caen (France)
Elisoa Andrian received her Ph.D. in Microbiology with a specialty in periodontal diseases from Laval University. After completing her Ph.D, she joined the Canadian Center for vaccinology and the faculty of dentistry in Dalhousie University as postdoctoral associate. She taught different courses in biology since 2002 at Laval University and Ottawa University, including microbiology, oral ecology, infectiology and cellular and molecular biology. She has supervised students research projects and has acted as member in evaluation committee of student research activities. In 2012, she took the opportunities to acquire knowledge in management. She recently joined the Atlantic Union College and teach Principles of Biology and Anatomy & Physiology courses.
Elisoa finds that transmitting knowledge and teaching students to become responsible and respectful is a true privilege. Passionate about travel and other cultures of the world, she has always strived to encourage tolerance and inclusion of diversity in her students. She feels “a great sense of pride and responsibility in belonging to the educational community of the Atlantic Union College”.
Keywords : Periodontitis, oral ecology, host-bacterial interaction, mucosal immunity, Tissue engineering
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM) -2008-2010
- International Association of dental research (IADR)-2001-2008
- International Proteolysis Society (IPS) -2005-2008
- Andrian, E; Qi, G., Wang, J., Halperin, S.A and S.F Lee. (2012). Role of Surface Proteins SspA and SspB of Streptococcus gordonii in Innate Immunity. Microbiol. 158:2099-2106.
- Lee SF, Andrian, E., Rowland, E. and I.C Marquez. (2009). Immune response and alveolar bone resorption in a mouse model of Treponema denticola Infect. Immun.(IF: 4,165) 77 (2): 694-698.
- Maheu-Robert L.F., Andrian, E.. and D. Grenier . (2009). Overview of complications secondary to tongue and lip piercings. Revue de littérature.Mich. Dent Assoc. 91(7):38,40-
- Bodet, C., Andrian, E., Tanabe, S. and D. Grenier. (2007). Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans lipopolysaccharide regulates matrix metalloproteinase, tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase, and plasminogen activator production by human gingival fibroblast : a potential role in connective tissue destruction. Cell. Physiol. (IF:3.874) 212(1):189-194.
- Maheu-Robert, L.F., Andrian, E.. and D. Grenier . (2007). Overview of complications secondary to tongue and lip piercings. Revue de littérature.Can. Dent. Assoc. (IF:1) 73(4):327-331.
- Andrian, E., Mostefaoui, Y., Rouabhia, M. and D. Grenier (2007). Regulation of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases by Porphyromonas gingivalis in an engineered human oral mucosa model. Cell. Physiol. (IF:3.874) 211(1):56-62.
- Andrian, E., Grenier, D. and M. Rouabhia (2006). Porphyromonas gingivalis-epithelial cell interactions in the pathogenesis of periodontitis ».Critical Review in Oral Biology and Medecine. Dent. Res. (IF: 3,486) 85(2): 392-403.
- Andrian, E., Grenier, D. and M. Rouabhia (2006). Porphyromonas gingivalis gingipains mediate the shedding of syndecan-1 from the surface of gingival epithelial cells. Oral Microbiol. Immunol. (IF: 2,807) 21(2): 123-128.
- Andrian, E., Grenier, D. and M. Rouabhia (2005). « Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide induces shedding of syndecan-1 expressed by gingival epithelial cells ». Cell. Physiol. (IF:3.874) 204: 178-183.
- Andrian, E., Grenier, D. and M. Rouabhia (2004). « In vitro models of tissue penetration and destruction by Porphyromonas gingivalis ». Immun (IF: 4,165) 72: 4689-4698.
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM), Philadelphia, Pennsylvanie, USA (2009).
- Annual Infectious Diseases Research Day IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (2008,2009).
- International and American Association for Dental Research (AADR) Toronto, Ontario, Canada (2008), Baltimore, Maryland, USA (2005), San Antonio, Texas, USA (2003)
- International Proteolysis Society (IPS), Québec, Canada (2005).
- Canadian Physiological society, Physiome Québec, Canada(2002).
- Journée internationale dentaire, Montréal, Québec, Canada (2002).
- Association francophone pour le savoir (ACFAS), Québec, Canada (2001).