The Lenheim Hall dormitory was completed in 1956. The architectural design was influenced by President L. M. Stump, who had come from California , so this building is architecturally not in sync with the other campus buildings. Very unusual building techniques were used -- entire floors were cast in concrete as one unit and then jacked up to their proper height and fastened to their vertical pillars. One floor unexpectedly collapsed and caused an expensive and timely setback.
It was named in honor of Louis E. Lenheim, who was at the time the president of Atlantic Union Conference. Lenheim Hall can house 180 men. AUC's swimming pool is in the basement.